We were planning a big vacation this summer to Oregon and Washington (2000 or so mile road trip), however, due to some reliability issues with our automobile, we decided to take a little vacation closer to home. The next bunch of posts will be about the things we done did on this little vacay.
The Hill Aerospace Museum was our first stop.
The Hill Aerospace Museum was our first stop.
We took our boys here several years ago but the younger two didn't really remember.
These planes with the funny noses look like goofy cartoon characters to me.
It's hard for me to believe that these humongous, bulbous, lunky things could actually fly.
The museum houses its smaller aircraft inside. Here is the airplane section:
I don't have many interesting facts to share with you about these photos because the boys didn't have the patience to sit around while I read about everything. However, if you are interested, there is a lot of info on the museum website, so go here to learn more.
This is a full scale model of the first atomic bomb and it kind of creeps me out. I almost feel like I'm posting a picture of the devil, so I guess I'm feeding into some morbid fascination, here.
On to the jet section:
Watch out for this guy!
This baby was the favorite item in the museum--the "Blackbird".
I took a lot of pictures of it because it was very large and in a crammed space, so it was difficult to get a good shot of the whole thing.
It sure does have some beautiful lines.
If you're thinking of visiting this place, I recommend it. It's fun, interesting, educational, and free (yay!). FYI: September 17th this year is open cockpit day when they will let you inside certain aircraft.
1 comment:
Just to let you know mom those "funny nose things" I think that those are radar.
-Onion ring
Post a Comment