On Halloween, this is how our boys dressed up: Buttermilk Sky was pac-man (though some people asked if he was a fortune cookie), Junior was a "Ranger" (this idea has Lord of the Rings influence), and Eggs on Toast was a "Nazgul" (or Ringwraith also from Lord of the Rings). Missing in Action: Onion Ring was The Doctor (from Doctor Who). We were kind of sad that The Doctor chose not to come with us--he came with us to the "Trunk-or-Treat" party in our church parking lot, and he looked good, but I didn't take any pictures then.
The rest of us walked a few blocks to the Governer's mansion because I wanted to trick-or-treat there. I had heard it was the thing to do around here, so in spite of having to wait in a line for a little while, I wanted to do it at least once. You get to shake the Governer's hand, take a picture with him, and he gives you a handful of candy made at a fancy local candy company. And there is some entertainment as you go through the line. But alas, the party poops (whom I will not name, except to say that one's name begins with "Br" and the other seemed a little fortune cookie-ish) decided that they did not want to wait in line, so we took a picture in front and went on to trick-or-treat the surrounding neighborhood.
The neighborhood surrounding the Governer's mansion is an historic area of Carson City and many of the people in the homes there go all-out on the decorations, so paired with the attraction of the mansion, it is a trick-or-treat hot spot. If you have seen "ET", do you remember the Halloween scene where there are hordes of dressed up kids going trick-or-treating throughout their neighborhood? Other than seeing that movie scene, I have never experienced anything like that, but that's what it was like. There were so many trick-or-treaters that many of the homeowners dressed up and sat on their porches to pass out thousands of pieces of candy. I thought it was pretty fun--it was like one big party and gave a sense of community. There were some pretty neat costumes to see, too.
We hope that all of you had a fun Halloween!



1 comment:
Despite the fact that i did not go trick or treating I was still given all the candy that the others could not eat.
-Onion Ring
Post a Comment