Saturday, May 7, 2011

Junior: A Life Sketch


Junior turned six last week. He was so excited for his birthday. As for me...well, that's another story (my baby!!).

We threw an awesome party for him involving a lovely cake from the Silly Grandma (altered in this image for identity protection, of course)...



...super fun games (pictured below: Shoot the Balloon with the Nerf Bullet)...



...pinata...



...pinata...



...pinata...



(does anybody know how to type "enyay"? I don't.)



...pinata...



...pinata...



...pinata...



...cake and ice cream...



...and presents, of course!



And now, meet Junior shortly after his birth. Do you think he was excited for this Birth Day?





Awwww...



Check out those cheeks--I just want to bite them...



Ohhh, adorable!



I can hardly stand it...



Did you know that Junior is the only one of the boys who doesn't have blue eyes? He has greenish-hazel like Brandon.



Junior used to suck his thumb. A nasty habit he picked up from riff raff at the newborn unit.



It was actually fabulous. None of my other babies would take pacifiers or bottles, so it was a dream come true that Junior could pacify himself.



I appreciated the benefits (it was so cute, too) but worried about having to break him of the habit later, because I've heard plenty of stories. Luckily, when he was about three, he got an owie on his thumb that required a band aid. That was all it took. He stopped sucking it and I kept a band aid on that thumb for a month or so and he's never gone back. What a good boy he is!



Junior loves to sit on the warm vent in the winter.



He also loves to dress up.



Sometimes he allows his brothers to dress him up.





He loves to jump on the tramp.



Drawing is a form a play for Junior. He doesn't draw stationary things or snapshots of single events, rather he draws things (rockets, dinosaurs, etc.) and then he draws what happens (shooting, biting, etc.). It's more of a story that he is imagining.





Junior has made some really neat things by cutting up paper and taping or gluing the pieces together. Pictured below is one, and I plan to do a separate post on other things he has made.



We are so glad we have Junior! He makes our lives so much more excellent.

3 comments:

Jenn said...

Aw, precious!
Here's how to type an ñ: hold down the "alt" key & while holding, press these numbers: 0241

Becky said...

Thanks, Jenn!!!

Becky said...

Hmmm, I just tried it and it didn't work. I tried it Blogger and in a word document and it didn't work, either place. Do you think my computer is the problem? I did exactly what you said.