Monday, May 3, 2010

Five Alive

I have let all my boys have their first "real" birthday party when they turn five. Junior got to have his first party this week.



The Silly Grandma made a great cake again.



(Cake images have been altered to protect identity.)



Junior said he wanted a dolphin theme so we made oceans in a bottle (plastic water bottles filled half with water, half with veg oil, food coloring, glitter, and small plastic fish) and we fished for dolphins. (It just occurred to me that this game was environmentally incorrect and I must be an irresponsible parent. Funny, since I recently watched "The Cove". Well, it was a fun game, anyway.)



Good thing cake makes everything all better. It causes forgetfulness of parental sins.



Presents do too.







And now that we have a giant RC tarantula in our home, our lives are complete.





But mostly our lives are complete because we have this five year old guy with us.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

Wow, you really dug your own grave with this party: publicly supporting dolphin poaching AND buying a remote control gigantic spider??! I'm not sure which is more terrifying...

hahaha :)